Saturday 19 March 2016

To be honest today’s topic was the one which took me a good two and a half hour of constant staring at my laptop screen, scratching my head and not even typing a single word!



FRIENDS?

I have found out that no matter how much I try to fake my panache and be cold hearted, all my friends laugh at this very thought as if I cracked some joke of the century. People who know me at all and who can read my mind are freaking monstrous and I gladly call them as my FRIENDS. It’s amazing how some conversations are meant to be shared with them. The creepiest, the scandalous, the weirdest, the ‘not so great idea’, the cheap level abuses… you name it and those things are done by and with… guess who? Friends!
  

It’s more like a tribute I am paying to all the psychopaths in our lives this time because hello? Why shouldn’t I? After all, our best friend hates our ex more than we do and that gives us a reason to shower all our love on them. You and I both know that whatever (I seriously mean it) whatever the situation is they are just “Bhai kaha hai tu?” “Bhava kuthes tu?” “ Bhai tu kya che?” (a call away). They are our extended family. There’s surely going to be one friend in your life who is a mixture of all our family members. Even if we swore someday on never smiling again these guys just have to come in front of us, flash their creepy smiles and we are done!

ONE SUCH UNAVOIDABLE EXPERIENCE:

I am not going to ask you has it, I am asking you how many times this has happened to you when you have planned something, made a whatsapp group, everything is fun and games until the last moment when you get a call from your priceless possession saying ‘sorry man cannot make it this time, you people carry on though???’  This sentence triggers a world war 3 like situation and that person has the audacity to say ‘at least I showed some courtesy to call, I was out of balance, I recharged it and I called you first or else I had options of avoiding your incessant phone calls rather I could have just text you saying I am not coming'. Aww you were so worried about me, weren’t you? So sweet, it is fine by me but the next time we meet, ‘if’ we meet, make sure that you are ready with some fight proof idea from getting murdered by me or might just disappear from this planet? Well, if you go and ask my college group, they are the ones who make plans and I am the one who conveniently backs off most of the time (please don’t hate me for that! I will never do that to you, cross my heart and hope to die). But that’s how it is, isn’t it? And the excuses which we throw at our friends for not showing up are very well known by them and guess what, they don’t judge us! Ever! And I mean it when I say they didn’t bitch about us for cancelling at the last moment, they didn’t make us feel envious through their super fun photographs, they didn’t ever posted them on social media with catchy captions and a post script saying ‘we missed you with hash tags’. We indeed are so lucky (wink wink) (if you know what I mean).

WHAT’S TRUE, THAT’S TRUE?

Well, I can bet my butt on the fact that no matter how much we abuse and bruise our friends, no matter whether those countless fights end with a sorry or a no sorry at all, no matter how many flings and heartbreaks happen to us, no matter how distinct two personalities can be… a ‘true’ friend is always besides us, we just need to keep our eyes and ears open to adapt their words of wisdom and of course their nonsensical talks. Those who feel like they do not have a real friend, can you please read between the lines and love me the way I love you guys?

If you like this blog please don’t forget to follow, share and comment and let me know about your views and suggestions. There are numerous other things which I intentionally missed out and will share with you but let’s just take a break and bitch about our friends some other day. And before I forget a bear hug to all my friends who believed in me and made me take up blogging so seriously. You know what you mean to me. Guys, just go and hug your best friend until he/she calls you… Such-a-Bliss!

1 comment: